Testosterone home testing kits are widely available from several companies, such as LetsGetChecked and Progene. They use your blood or saliva to test your hormone levels. After taking the test, you’ll send your sample to a laboratory for testing. You can purchase a test kit online from LetsGetChecked here.
How can I get my testosterone levels checked?
A normal range is typically 300 to 1,000 ng/dL, according to the Food and Drug Administration. A blood test called a serum testosterone test is used to determine your level of circulating testosterone. A range of symptoms can occur if testosterone production drastically drops below normal.
What is average testosterone level by age?
Typical testosterone levels
|Age||Male (in ng/dl)||Female (in ng/dl)|
|17 to 18 years||300-1,200||20-75|
|19 years and older||240-950||8-60|
How do I know if my testosterone is low?
Specific Signs/Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency (TD)
- Reduced sex drive.
- Reduced erectile function.
- Loss of body hair.
- Less beard growth.
- Loss of lean muscle mass.
- Feeling very tired all the time (fatigue)
- Obesity (being overweight)
- Symptoms of depression.
Are saliva testosterone tests accurate?
While these kits offer a quick and easy way to check for testosterone levels, the gold standard for accuracy remains a blood test. As a study in Human Kinetics Journals notes, saliva tests do not track changes in the hormone levels as quickly or accurately as serum tests.
What is the best testosterone booster?
Below are the top 5 testosterone boosters we recommend:
- TestoPrime – Strongest Testosterone Booster. A 100% natural, safe, and effective daily testosterone supplement. …
- Testogen – Ideal for Men Over 40. …
- Testo-Max – Best for Muscle Growth. …
- Prime Male – Best Customer Service. …
- TestRX – Helps Improve Libido.
What food gives you more testosterone?
8 Testosterone-Boosting Foods
- Low-fat milk.
- Egg yolks.
- Fortified cereals.
Which food kills testosterone?
People worried about their testosterone levels might choose to avoid the following foods.
- Soy products. Soy foods, such as tofu, edamame, and soy protein isolates, contain phytoestrogens. …
- Dairy products. …
- Alcohol. …
- Mint. …
- Bread, pastries, and desserts. …
- Licorice root. …
- Certain fats.
How do you fix low testosterone?
Here’s our process.
- Testosterone is the main male sex hormone, but females also have small amounts of it. …
- Exercise and Lift Weights. …
- Eat Protein, Fat and Carbs. …
- Minimize Stress and Cortisol Levels. …
- Get Some Sun or Take a Vitamin D Supplement. …
- Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements. …
- Get Plenty of Restful, High-Quality Sleep.
At what level should Testosterone be treated?
The general target level for testosterone ranges from 350 to 750 ng/dL, which is roughly the range for healthy, androgen-sufficient adult men. Testosterone levels should be monitored 3 to 6 months after initiation of treatment.
What is the main cause of low testosterone?
There are many other potential causes of low testosterone, including the following: Injury (trauma, interrupted blood supply to the testes) or infection of the testes (orchitis) Chemotherapy for cancer. Metabolic disorders such as hemochromatosis (too much iron in the body)
Can testosterone increase size?
Average penile growth response with gonadotropin was 14.3% increase in length and 5.0% increase of girth. Topical testosterone produced an average increase of 60% in penile length and 52.9% in girth.
What does high testosterone do to a man?
Problems associated with abnormally high testosterone levels in men include: Low sperm counts, shrinking of the testicles and impotence (seems odd, doesn’t it?) Heart muscle damage and increased risk of heart attack. Prostate enlargement with difficulty urinating.
What happens when a man’s testosterone is low?
If a male has a low level of testosterone, the symptoms can include erectile dysfunction, and reduced bone mass and sex drive. The hormone has many important functions, including: the development of the bones and muscles. the deepening of the voice, hair growth, and other factors related to appearance.